Micro Grants for Mission are available to benefices/group ministries/deaneries for sums of up to £1,000 per annum. It is important that your project be new work with a missional focus– i.e. a new development that has not been funded by the church previously.
The grant application form is simple to complete. In due course you will be asked to give a brief report on how things worked out following the award of the grant.
If you wish to apply for a grant you should be in touch with Revd Canon Judy Hirst, our Local Church Growth and Development Officer. Judy will be able to offer you some help in thinking through your project and then issue you with an application form.
Previous grants that have been awarded to churches include..
- Funds to subsidise launching Alpha for the first time
- Running an Open the Book outreach to a local schools
- Running an evangelistic Holiday Club for local children
- Launching Messy Church
- Developing a parent & toddler group
- Running a weekend of mission across the parish
To find out more visit https://durhamdiocese.org/resources/resources-for-churches/
Micro Grant Deadline Dates for 2019:
- 10th May
- 12th July
- 6th September
- 15th November