The Missional Leadership for Growth programme is led by Revd Canon Sophie Jelley, Director of Discipleship & Ministry and member of the Bishops Leadership team.
- Rev. Canon Sheila Bamber acts as Deputy Director to the programme, focussing on co-ordinating the residential component of the programme
- Rev. Dr. Alan Bartlett (Diocesan Director for Continuing Ministerial Development) is part of the MLG residential delivery team, co-ordinating the ALS component to the programme.
- Tony Wright is the Bishops Pastoral Advisor, providing specialist counselling and pastoral support to Clergy in the Diocese and delivers part of the teaching on the Residential component of the MLG. Tony is available for advice and consultation throughout the duration of your MLG programme.
- Kate Martin is Diocesan Events Manager, planning the residential and training day elements to the programme, and works from the MMS office at Cuthbert House.
Mission Support Partners
Our MLG Mission Support Partners support MLG parishes in planning and delivering mission projects and can provide a range of training, creative planning, contacts and advice to clergy, PCC’s and congregations –
- Duncan Podbury helps deliver the mission elements of the residential training and is experienced in helping churches develop mission, evangelism and discipleship and is available to help with coaching, mentoring and training to both clergy & laity.
- Esther Gregory-Witham has extensive experience in work with children, youth & young adults and specialises in developing the digital element of the MLG programme. Esther is available to help churches explore creative ways to do outreach, to provide encouragement & advice and to help with the development and planning of digital presence and social media.
Governance – The programme is given accountability and oversight by an ACES group (Accountability, Coaching, Encouragement) which represents the Diocesan Finance Group, a Deanery Chair and a senior member of the clergy.
To contact the team click here