The MLG aims to support and resource incumbent Clergy to re-imagine their roles as priest-equippers and missional leaders so that every parish is able to develop a mission team and a new missional project in their area.
In setting out in preparing your MLG project its important to remember a couple of things..
- MLG projects are planned and launched by a local team. By working together more people will take ownership and grow in their sense of mission and being part of the great commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the project together the experience will be more transformational than if the idea and plan only comes from the vicar.
- You don’t need to do everything. Some parishes will have loads ideas (which is great!). However you can’t do them all. Keep it simple – you can always ‘bank’ those ideas for another time or even to include another group of people.
- You are not on your own – help is available from the other churches in the ALS that you are associated with, from your Mission Support Partner and the wider MLG team.
- Identify some people from your congregation to help plan a local MLG mission project.
- Facilitate the team in identifying a new missional opportunity
- Share your plans with the MLG team as they evolve
- Develop, deliver and review a MLG missional project in your parish
You may find it helpful to follow the missional project planning map below –